Monday, April 12, 2010

Hailey's Baptism

I still can't believe I am old enough to have a child be baptized....not that it's old...it's just that it really came fast. I felt like I had eight short years to prepare her, and now it's here. She was more than ready. Hailey has always had the desire to be good. She is such a great example to me and her brothers.
This being my first baptism of my kids, I wasn't sure what to do or expect. It went very smoothly and it was such a special day. Hailey chose "I Wonder When He Comes Again" as her opening song. I was already crying on the first verse, not a good sign. :) My dad was one of the speakers, and he gave a wonderful talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost. He has a way with speaking, and I think Hailey soaked it all in.
Rhett and Hailey sang "When I am Baptized" as the special musical number. They did such a great job. They had been practicing for a couple weeks. It was really sweet.
Hailey had a good support group come out. It was so neat.
She was so mature about everything...
A quick family shot...trying to wrestle the boys down for this picture was a chore.

Hailey had so many cousins come and support her. We are so thankful for families. This was such a special day for Hailey. I hope she will always remember this day. I feel so blessed.

9 comments:

The Jessups said...

OH my gosh! I remember when you brought her to EP as a baby with her painted toe nails. I totally stole your idea and painted Emerson's toes on her blessing day. haha. I seriously thought of you when I painted them!

Angela Severe said...

I am so sad I was not there! I just love little Hailey, she is such a sweet heart.

Klingler said...

Congrats! We are so happy that she has made some great decisions with her parents help. It is so cute to see her so happy and smiley in all her pics of her special day. We sure are homesick when it comes time to do these things with our families. We sure love you guys!

Jessica & Ryan said...

Special!

Evan and Lauren said...

Oh, I love all of these wonderful pictures... I wish we could have been there with sweet Hailey! Congrats on preparing her well those first 8 years :) Love you guys!!

Mac and Dixie said...

Congratulations you guys! I can't believe she is 8! Years go too fast!

Kellie said...

I can not believe she is 8. She looks adorable in her dress,and what a sweet day for your family. We sure miss you guys....any chance you want to move back lol :)

Britt said...

What a beautiful beautiful girl! I love that she went to Conference with her dad. So cute.

Kristen and Andrew said...

SO CUTE! I love all the pictures! Hailey is such a beautiful girl... she is and will be an example to all of the cousins! :)