Thursday, June 18, 2009

Aloha

Rhett and I always said we would go to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary...and we did it! We celebrated our anniversary a month early, due to the our baby's arrival in November. We had an amazing time. It was incredible. I really don't know what else to say but that if you haven't experienced Hawaii...you need to go! There are so many pictures that we took, and none of them due justice to what we saw. But here is a little snippit into our week in Maui.

Every night at Black Rock, a native does a ritual dance and dives off the rock.
A trail we hiked on the road to Hana.

A sunset photo op.

One of the many waterfalls we saw...and enjoyed.
Can't go to Hawaii without eating an Hawaiian shaved ice. -Lahaina

On our way out to Molokini Crater for some amazing snorkeling.
Some delicious local favs...banana bread, coconut (dipped in sugar), and mangos.




A quick pic at Blowhole.

Rhett's beach creation.


My beach creation....


Of course, we had to get a pic of some stonework in Lahaina.

Our jeep we rented. We sure felt young and carefree again!

A picture looking out of our hotel.

The pool area where we spent some time. We stayed at the Sheraton Maui...beautiful.



A rainbow out our room balcony.



From hiking to exotic waterfalls, driving the road to Hana, swimming with huge sea turtles, eating at every restaurant imaginable (I guess there is a reason why Rhett and I gained 10 pounds in week..), laying by the pool, stolling along the beach, driving around the entire island of Maui in a red Jeep, eating "real" Hawaiian shaved ice, to just having time alone was just a snipit of what we experienced.





A huge big thank you to Mom, Lauren & Evan, Kristen & Andrew....we couldn't have gone on this trip without you watching the kiddos!

8 comments:

Amy said...

What an awesome trip! I stayed at that same hotel and absolutely loved it!

Evan and Lauren said...

Beautiful! Man, that looks so exotic and wonderful-- sweet jeep! We were so happy to watch the kids while you were gone... but dont think I wont forget this come our 10th anniversary. :) haha ps u look hot in all your cute clothes

Klingler said...

Holy Smokes!!! That made me miss Hawaii all over again. It's awesome there. We are sure happy for you guys with the new little one on (her, let hope) way and the end of the year stuff with the kiddos, It looks like you all have been super busy. Your sis is right - Al you do look hot in all your cute clothes, Rhett, I guess you look hot too. Sure love you guys and will be seeing you soon!!

Holly said...

I am glad you loved Maui. Hawaii is so beautiful.

Karin said...

next time we're going with you!(; It looks like you guys had fun.

Angela Severe said...

So fun! I am so happy you guys got to go. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more! I loved that you got a jeep, wish we w could of come with. Maybe next time. hopefully not on your 20th anniversary!

Andrea said...

WHAT?!?! "Our baby's arrival in November"?!?! Am I already THAT out of the loop? :) If so, congratulations! And I am so jealous of your trip--what an amazing time! Good for you guys!!

Shanna said...

How fun! So do you know what you are having yet? We are expecting baby #4, a girl, in October. Send me your email address and I will invite you to our blog, pokienose@gmail.com