Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A First





There are first times for everything. For me, I canned peaches for the first time. My sister, Kristen, came over and we experienced this "first" together. I had envisioned an all day process, with a huge mess in the end. I was pleasantly surprised on how quickly it went and how non-messy it really was. And, it is quite the self-esteem booster of feeling like we accomplished something....domestic! A week later, I still have the bottled peaches on my counter...just as a reminder of what we did! :)

Sooo, looks like we can go ahead and can peaches next year! Anyone is invited over for some peach cobbler! (The kids were quite helpful....Hunter was the peeling pro!)

2 comments:

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

wow! I didnot know you were canning this year, that is wonderful. I also took on canning this year, but took on more than I should have. But what a wonderful feeling it is!

TheBaumanns said...

Wow! Look at you, Alison! I wish I knew how to can....anything! And I love the new house! So the next girl's night needs to be down there so we can see it!!